Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Trip to Utah

Alex had a conference in Salt Lake in February, so Nicole and I tagged along. We had a great time with family and friends, and I think they really enjoyed seeing Nicole! We got to spend an afternoon with my best friend from home, Sara, and her two cute kids (although her baby was sleeping so I never really got to see her). Sara and I grew up together - literally. I still remember in elementary school when we got those big awkward glasses (which are still around in my parents house), and I remember sleepovers at her house drinking coke floats and watching movies. Then we moved on to bigger things like joyriding in our first cars and passing notes in school. So much fun! Anyway, here are our two munchkins hanging out.

Max and Nicole

We also spent time with my parents, my Grandma, and Alex's family.

But, I'll be honest, the best part of the trip was coming home. If you could have seen the look on Nicole's face when we walked in and she started to recognize everything. She was smiling the whole time, and couldn't wait to get out of my arms to start playing with her things. Priceless!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I just laughed reading that - all of those things are just too funny - I remember those coke floats on New Years Eve and how cool we thought we were. Remember the smiley face club, the "you can go if she can go rule" that our parents had, the drive to St. George over spring break, the unforgettable halloween adventure... Oh gosh, now I'm just going to start sounding corny to anyone else who reads this post, but I'm so glad you guys were healthy and that we were able to visit! It was so good to talk to you! Let me know what your plans are for the reunion - "i'll go if you go!" (sans hubbies?)

Sara said...

ps and max keeps asking when he's going to see Nicole again (that surprised me since he was so shy around her!) And, next time, I'll be sure Alexis is awake so you can see her! :)

Christa O'Brien said...

Sara is corny! Hahaha...just kidding! I'm just having a hard time imagining you ever drinking coke, that's all! Sounds like you had a fun trip!