Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Erin Go Braugh!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Anyone who knows me knows that I love this holiday. We celebrated in so many different ways - none of which were a parade (in large part because Alex isn't such a big fan of them). But we still had fun! We had some friends over for an authentic Irish meal of bacon & cabbage, colcannon (potatoes & cabbage), and soda bread. When I asked my Irish brother-in-law what to serve for dessert, he said it had to be an apple tart with custard. I found a recipe online and it turned out great!


Nicole got dressed up for the holiday (and got lots of kisses), I made shamrock sugar cookies (Alex took some to scouts), and we ate fish and chips for dinner. All that was missing was the garlic mayo (I know, sounds gross, but when we had it in Ireland it was delicious)!

1 comments:

Dennis Family said...

I love the shirt! How can you not kiss such an adorable girl?!?