Saturday, November 3, 2007

Scenic Byways

Alex and I took a road trip today up to the Delaware Water Gap and the Poconos mountains. Our mission: find fall foliage. We decided to avoid all major highways so we were driving through some pretty rural areas. At one point we were driving along and there were about 5 wild turkeys waiting to cross the busy road. I tried to get a picture, but they were too quick. I have never seen a live turkey in person, let alone crossing the road - it was awesome! We stopped at a Farmers Market along the drive and stocked up on fresh apple cider and homemade fudge. Yum! The drive was beautiful, and led to a very scenic picnic along the Delaware River.


As we were driving along through a small town, I noticed this amazing tree. I made Alex turn around so I could get a picture of it. There's something about a tree with leaves that turn red in the fall...


At one of the scenic overlooks of the Delaware Water Gap, we found a hiking trail that led to the Appalachian trail. We decided to go for a little hike, and we were not disappointed.



All in all, I would have to say mission completed.

6 comments:

Sara said...

What a beautiful drive! I love those photos! We were up in Heber today, and ALL the leaves are gone up there - the ground is ready and waiting for snow (seems like it just comes too soon!)

Christa O'Brien said...

I miss Fall!

Jenny P. said...

Okay, so I am totally getting all nostalgic... first I read Christa's blog for the first time, then I find Mel's blog, and now I've read yours. So I know it was only one semester that we were all together... but it was a good one, wasn't it? So, I'm gonna link to your blog too (i just said the same thing to Melanie an Christa and I'm gonna check back often). It looks like you are doing really well... I would love to hear more about your family!

Melanie Hoopes said...

Looks gorgeous Kristin! Sounds like a blast - if you have any of that homemade fudge left over you are welcome to send it my way!

nathalia said...

You guys are the best road-trippers/travelers/wanderers! I need to take tips from you! What a beautiful weekend!

Jenny P. said...

And... you've been tagged... again.