Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The start of the Holiday season

For me, Thanksgiving has always been the official start of the holiday season. There’s nothing like gathering around a big turkey dinner, overeating, and then taking a nice afternoon nap. It never hurts to squeeze in a little football either - how fitting that the BYU v. Utah football game is Thanksgiving weekend…

This year we’re headed down to Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with Alex’s Uncle Jim and Aunt Diane. We’re excited about the adventure the drive will be sure to bring, and the time getting to know our relatives better. Even though I don’t know Alex’s uncle and aunt very well, I’m pretty sure we’re going to have a blast.

It’s funny because after Thanksgiving I feel like I’m justified in beginning to think about Christmas (or at least publicly, since we all know I’ve been thinking about it long before Thanksgiving). One of my favorite things is putting up Christmas decorations and getting a Christmas tree. Alex and I have been collecting ornaments from all of our fun travel adventures over the years, so our tree is starting to actually look nice. We also have these awesome red fabric balls that we inherited from my Grandma that add the perfect touch!

Here’s wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving! I’ll leave you with a list of things that I am thankful for: my husband, family, friends, the Gospel, rain, snow on Christmas day, hot chocolate, tulips and roses, puppies, fresh peaches and strawberries, traveling, memories, and the list goes on. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: