Monday, November 2, 2009

Captain Vegetable and Strawberry Shortcake

Do you know who Captain Vegetable is? If not, here's a video.



Alex's lifelong dream was to dress up as Captain Vegetable on Halloween. And I helped him fulfill that dream. I feel pretty special.


We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat (this was my first one ever - how have I never been to one of these before?) and Nicole loved it. She went bobbing for apples and ate a donut off a string. OK, she really just reached into the bucket of water with her hand and she pulled the donut off the string and then wanted to put it back on. But she practically did the games right.



She just plopped down in the middle of the floor after it was over so she could enjoy her dum dum. Smart girl.


And here she is her first time trick-or-treating. She caught on really well and didn't want to let that bucket of candy out of her sight.

6 comments:

Dennis Family said...

I love the strawberry and Captain Vegetable!! Very cute!

Jerry said...

Wow, Alex is looking good. So what else is on his list of lifelong dreams? If you get a hold of that list I want a copy.

jlbunting.com said...

I hope Alex was singing the song the entire time. You guys are too fun!

Natalie said...

I do now remember Cpt. V. Nicole looked so cute!

Sara said...

Nicole is just beautiful. What a darling costume!

Shannon Stoker said...

Oh, she is such a cute strawberry shortcake. Love the costume. And what can I even say about Captain Vegetable. Good work.