Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Holiday Trip to Utah

Alex and I got to enjoy the holidays with our family in Utah. And can we ever put the emphasis on FAMILY! It had to be one of the more crazy weeks of *bonding* with our long-distance siblings and parents.

My WHOLE family was in Utah for Christmas. Dan, Ashley, Josh, Jake, and Ben were in from Colorado. Nathan, Julie, and Mikka were in from Clearfield. Mark, Cat, Matt, and Ethan were in from Japan. Megan was in from Ireland. And Alex and I rounded out the bunch from good ol’ PA. There were always way too many people running around the house, way too many games played on the Wii, way too many late nights (those party animals Cat and Megan), and way too many pictures taken of us in our Irish wool sweaters. Couldn’t have asked for a better mini-family-reunion – who knows when the whole fam will be together again.




Alex’s WHOLE family was in Utah for Christmas, too. They all live in Utah (with the exception of us), so it was a little less distance for them to travel. But we had lots of fun with all of the brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles (there were family parties on both the Fillerup and Robertson sides). Alex packed our Wii with us so that his siblings could play it while we were in town. And, just as with my family, there were way too many games played on the Wii!

The highlight of the trip was telling our families that we are expecting a baby. We gave a present to both sets of parents on Christmas day. The present had bibs reading “I love my Grandpa” and “I love my Grandma” and included a bag of pink and blue m&ms with our due date written on it. Alex’s aunt was awesome enough to take us in to her clinic the next day for some ultrasounds so we could try to find out what we’re having, along with giving us about 50 pictures of our baby! Based on the pictures of our cute baby, we’re pretty sure it’s a girl!

6 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

What a fun way to tell your parents you are expecting!! Everyone talking about the wii is making me and Aaron want one so bad!! We would have bought the dang thing already if we could find it!

jlbunting.com said...

Hey guys, I checked out your blog when you emailed to the whole MBA group. Congratulations on the little one. That is so exciting! Anyway, have a great 2008 and enjoy the baby!
Becky Bunting

nathalia said...

You have a beautiful family! I had to laugh at the white sweaters... but then I realized that you look like a picture perfect family from a magazine!

Sara said...

Bummer that we couldn't get together while you were out here, but I'm glad to hear you had such a great time with the family (and that's most important)! Loved the way you told your parents about the baby to be!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Congrats on the baby and welcome to the club of pregnant women! You guys will be great parents! I agree with Natalie about the sweaters - I love them!

Andria said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you! And, you won the cd! So send me your address at andria{dot}carnell{at}gmail{dot}com!