Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vacation!

As always, I was getting the itch to travel somewhere. As luck would have it, Alex was asked to go to a work conference in Salt Lake City. Perfect! We decided to make it a long trip, and stretched it out over two weekends.

We spent the first weekend in Orem with Alex's family. They all got to meet Joel for the first time, and Nicole loved playing with all of her Aunts and Uncles and cousins. She got to go to the aquarium with her Grandma, and we went to see Rapunzel at the dollar theater. Oh, dollar theaters. How I have missed you. We even had the whole theater to ourselves!



During Alex's conference, we got to stay at the Grand America. It was good to be back in Salt Lake. We visited with friends at our business school, spent some time at the library, and hit the children's museum. I even got to see my old freshman year roommate, Mel, and it was a beautiful day so we spent it at the park.



The second weekend we spent with my family in Bountiful. We took Nicole and her cousin, Mikka, to Disney on Ice. Nicole and Mikka got along really well and played together the entire time. Alex and I got to leave the kids with my parents and go out with my friend MaryAnn and her boyfriend. It was nice to get out!




4 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Fun times! Glad you were able to head out to UT. I stayed in the Grand when I was there in February, too. It's a great hotel. Your kids are adorable! Hope to see you soon :)

nathalia said...

What a great trip! So glad that you got to vacation a bit! And can you believe we're the mommies of 2, TWO!, children???

Madeleine's first movie was Rapunzel as well! Midweek matinee and we had the theatre to ourselves, too!

Your kids are such cuties. Nicole just looks lovely. Joel, a handsome young baby-man.

I'm coming up on the 31st... you guys have time for a short visit maybe?

Sara said...

Sounds like it was so fun! I'm so bummed we didn't get to "meet up" this time around...next time get a delayed connection though MPLS ;)

MaryAnn said...

It was so good to see you again while you were here! Can't wait for the next visit. Next time we should take some pictures! :)