Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday was at the beginning of August, and it was such a nice day. Alex made me dinner and my very own ice cream cake! The tradition in my family is that my parents always buy an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins for birthdays. So Alex made me one out of mint oreo ice cream (my favorite) and used his cake decorating talents. I was so excited to get a HUGE container of Jelly Belly's and some tart pans. You can check out my baking blog if you want to see what I've made with them.



Megan and Andrew went with their friends to New York that weekend, and when they got back they brought me my gift - a cheesecake from Carnegie Deli. Yum! For those of you who don't know, my favorite dessert is cheesecake and Carnegie is famous for their cheesecakes. What makes them different? They have a sugar cookie type crust (though not as sweet as a cookie). Very creamy and delicious!

1 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

wow - that food looks good! Hope you had a great birthday Kristen!