Friday, July 17, 2009

Day Trippin' to DC

I love living on the East coast. So much to do! Alex was in Palmyra for Youth Conference last weekend, so Megan, Andrew, Nicole, and I headed down to DC for the day. We stopped in Alexandria, VA (I have fond memories of this place...blizzard, walking up and down King Street, alone on Valentine's Day...) and got some lunch at Five Guys. This was the first Five Guys I ever ate at, and it was yummy!

After lunch we headed into the Mall. Andrew's only request was to see the White House. So, we trekked to the Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, White House (after seeing it, Andrew said, "I thought it would be whiter"), and the Museum of Natural History. Whew! It was a lot of walking, but it was nice to be back in DC. I love this place!


1 comments:

Shannon Stoker said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Next time, we should try to meet you guys when you drive down. It'd be fun to get together again. And I can I just say that Nicole has to be the cutest baby ever!!!! I love her!