Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

I love Easter because of the reminder it is of rebirth - and what better time for it than Spring! It's so beautiful outside with all of the daffodils and tulips out, and the buds on the trees. It was an exciting day for us because Alex was called as the Young Men's President in our ward. I think that calling has to be the most perfect calling ever for Alex. He's going to be so awesome.

When we got home from Church, Nicole got to open her Easter basket. She was in heaven playing with her wiffle balls (perfect for those little fingers to hold onto)! I think her favorite part was when Alex started juggling the balls - she was laughing like it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen. That night we enjoyed a fancy, delicious Easter dinner with some friends. What a great day!

On a side note - I made Nicole's basket with the help of my friend, Mindy, and I love it! After hauling around the Bernina sewing machine I inherited from my Great Aunt for 5 years, this was the motivation to get it fixed. It was missing a piece, and there's a great shop close by, called Steve's, that had the piece I needed. That night I got to work and made this basket. I had forgotten how much I enjoy sewing!

5 comments:

nathalia said...

Congrats to Alex on his new calling.

And yay for Easter-inspired sewing! The basket looks great! And Nicole looks like she loved the holiday!

Christa O'Brien said...

Awww! You sew? That is so cute!You've always been such a good little molly mormon :)!

On a serious note, you are very talented! I totally can't do stuff like that! So jealous!~

MaryAnn said...

Wow! Cute basket! You are so talented. A fabric basket is such a great idea because it's easy storage. I got Sam an Easter Basket during our first year of marriage and that thing left little grass piles and wood splinters all over our little apartment. (I'm not sure how, but it was like the grass was escaping!)

Anyway, tell Alex WAHOO! :)

Mike said...

I didn't know you could sew! That's darling! Congrats to Alex - he'll do a great job!

Sara said...

that was me