Monday, March 3, 2008

Our house, is a very, very, very fine house...

Alex and I made an offer on a house on Saturday, and it was accepted last night! We are so excited about it (and terrified at the same time)! It’s a 1920’s bungalow with a stone fireplace, a backyard, room to grow, and it's in a great neighborhood located just outside of Philadelphia in Glenside, PA. After we saw the home, we drove around the neighborhood and it just felt right. There’s a place called Keswick Village a couple of blocks down, and it’s an old tudor-style village with shops and a theater - it reminded me of both Germany and the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City, Utah. :) Assuming everything goes well with the inspection, we close on April 30!

8 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

Congrats on your first house!! There is something so nice about living in a place you can call your own. Looks like you even already have a playground to play in :)

nathalia said...

Congratulations!!! I guess I don't have enough faith to keep you guys in our ward! But seriously, the house is adorable, plus a yard!? We're so excited for you guys!!!

Sara said...

what a darling home! i love the style of old homes - that will be so fun to call yours!

nathalia said...

I showed Marc your house pics! His two replies:
1) Wow! That's a nice house!
2) They're going to be so sad when they leave the ward.

jlbunting.com said...

Congratulations on the house, that's awesome.

Christa O'Brien said...

More than anything else, I love your backyard! Congrats on the house-it is beautiful and I'm sure you will make it even better with your added touch!

Lynnette said...

I just saw your comment on my blog and hopped over here... I didn't know you guys had a blog too! Fun - anyway, Jodee Church cut my hair, do you know her? They were in our ward but now they attend the Spanish branch. Anyway, she's so good.

And the house - how exciting! KC and I have driven through that area many times and always comment on what a cool area it is. I love everything about it! Except you are leaving our ward :( But we are too, so I guess it doesn't matter, lol!

Teri said...

Congrats! The house looks so charming and cute. And I'm totally jealous of the backyard! Looks like the perfect house for your growing family!

I'm adding you to our blog if that's okay...I don't know why it took me so long to do it before!