Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One entry at a time

Well, I'm averaging about one post a month here. Let's see if I can start to do a little better. I'm sitting here chatting with a friend back in Utah while Alex plays the Wii. Ahh, the life of "responsible adults."

Alex and I have been doing a vegetarian week. We ran out of meat, and then just never bought any more, so that resulted in us being vegetarian. It's actually been kind of fun. We've had some great meals like vegetable lasagna, black bean and corn stew, and tofu thai curry. Alex actually told me last night that he's decided he's not vegetarian, he's Mormon (i.e. eat meat sparingly...). We're going on 8 days and counting.

On Labor day we went to an arts and crafts show in Lancaster. Alex actually saw a few ceramicists that he was impressed by. I loved looking at the photography and getting ideas for how I can improve my own photography. In the end we commented on how nice it will be when we have a lot of money and can afford to buy things that we find at arts and crafts shows. There are some amazingly talented people out there and it's nice to appreciate their work.

Restaurant Week is coming up in Philly, and we're pretty excited. We haven't had a chance to try very many restaurants downtown, so this will be an adventure. I'm thinking of making a reservation for every night. We'll see if I actually do! There's nothing like trying good food at discounted prices...

0 comments: